Face to face meeting, Ambleside
Present: David Britton (Chair), Tony Cass, Peter Clarke, David Colling. Tony Doyle, Peter Gronbech, Jonathan Hays, Roger Jones, David Kelsey, Steve Lloyd Andrew McNab, Sam Skipsey (Minutes), Katy Ellis, Alastair Dewhurst and Andrew Sansum (attended end of meeting)
Apologies: Davide Costanzo, Jill Sambrook
DB’s process for calculating the pledges (and the resulting values) was discussed.
In AD’s absence, DB discussed his feedback and information on sponsorship.
AD offered to arrange a “vendor day” as part of GridPP49 if hosted at Cosner’s House
RJ to ask the CB for interest in hosting GridPP49 [interest by end of Sept] so we can plan this in good time if RAL has competition for hosting.
The geopolitical situation was discussed, in the context of its relation to WLCG/EGI/GridPP.
PC + AM to bring up the issue of Vladmir’s cert being the one that LHCb pilots use.
Expt Reps (DCos, DC, AM) to report back on discussions with Experiment PIs on policy for use of Russian resources/availability of resources to Russia.
a) PMB Membership
The membership of the PMB past and future was discussed.
b) Single Source of Truth
DB discussed his plan to develop a centralized set of “truth sources” for particular aspects of the project, with specific named responsible people.
(Maintenance of these will become actions on those people)
c) GridPP7 Timescale
The timescale for the GridPP 7 proposal process was discussed. Submission of proposal ~Jan 2023 proposed – we would prefer to aim for completion at 16 Dec 2022 due to dead weeks over the EoY period (could submit in Jan)
It was noted that, in general, the timescale seems tight in various places.
• All: email DB with suggestions for International Reviewers to suggest.
Various aspects of the GridPP7 proposal (re the GridPP6 proposal) were discussed.
• DB – Add Security to the Strategic Objectives
• PC – consider WP4 content and how to refactor
REVIEW OF ACTIONS
800.5 AD – Arrange in person DIRAC/Rucio meeting at IC (Jan22). [on-going] – Plans to re-establish virtual meetings and then set up an in person meeting. AD to ask Tim Noble if he can arrange this.
818.5 – DB/SS Group to formalise VOs to be added to the approved list. Ongoing
DB and SS have begun to look into this. 3 in particular were flagged as perhaps needing to be removed.
MaGrid (Morocco institute)
Raised with TBSupport for site feedback on who supports these and SS will wait until he has some feedback about use.
Discussion also around Microboone.
Close to closing this off.
SS has had a couple of talks with Gerard. We still need to decide if we are going to approve MaGrid and SS needs to find out if ComplexSystems needs to be removed.
Dave Colling to “investigate Complex System VO use at IC – adding as a new action.
823.1 – AD to Invite Rob to the Wednesday Liaison meeting for a few weeks to discuss LHCb tickets and leave as a standing item at the start of the agenda for a few weeks.
824.1 – SS will take lead on OsC action:
Collaboration to provide brief, narrative information on data recovery processes in the report for the next OsC meeting.
824.2 – DK and AD to draft a short narrative addressing OsC action:
Collaboration to provide narrative in the OsC report on the process that is used to determine the networking costs for GridPP6 for the next OsC meeting
DB asked for there to be a brief statement for GridPP6 with more details and plan for GridPP7.
DK and AD can send draft to DB.
826.2 – SS to put together a few slides on technical situation around Token Transition. These could then be used at either Ambleside or a specific technical meeting about the subject.
SS to also discuss with AD possibility of technical meeting on this subject.
827.1 – DC to investigate Complex System VO use at IC
828.1 – RJ to ask the CB for interest in hosting GridPP49 [interest by end of Sept] so we can plan this in good time if RAL has competition for hosting.
828.1 – PC + AM to bring up the issue of Vladmir’s cert being the one that LHCb pilots use.
828.3 – Expt Reps (DCos, DC, AM) to report back on discussions with Experiment PIs on policy for use of Russian resources/availability of resources to Russia.
828.4 – All: email DB with suggestions for International Reviewers to suggest. (GridPP7 proposal)
828.5 – DB to add Security to Strategic Objectives in GridPP7 proposal.
828.6 – PC to consider WP4 content and how to refactor for GridPP7 proposal.