LCG File Catalog
Tier 2s need to install a local version of the LFC catalog, as set out in Tier 2 DM Requirements. Why is this necessary? This site-local catalog fits into some of the VOs data processing models and provides adds new generic middleware service to LCG .
It's easiest to install the LFC on a single box using YAIM, but you can share the LFC with other LCG components as well.
- Installing a site-local LFC with YAIM.
- Installing on a pre-existing LCG box.
- Using your LFC with MySQL on a different host.
- How to get your LFC published in the BDII.
Once the LFC is installed you should test it:
Care and Feeding
- Adding extra VOs to the LFC.
- LFC Certificates.
- Once you publish the catalog it's vital to make MySQL Backups of the database.
HOWTOs and Install Guides
- The GOC Wiki also contains a useful page: http://goc.grid.sinica.edu.tw/gocwiki/How_to_set_up_an_LFC_service
- The LFC Administrators Guide. Note that most of the install steps described here are actually performed by YAIM, however it provides a good overview and will help if things don't go quite according to plan.