This is a very brief summary of what the UK core team task.
The task includes:
1. Assisting the GridPP security officer with incident response (helping to organise input from sites)
2. Helping to prepare sites for security audit -- possibly a questionnaire where sites have choice about whether to provide answers.
3. Helping to maintain GridPP security website and GridPP security wiki
4. Acting as a backup when security officer absent (e.g. Monitoring EGI Security Dashboard and helping sites and ROD resolve raised alert)
5. Helping to resolve security-related issue/question raised by sites and/or NGIs
6. Take part in UK NGI security mailing list.
7. Work towards a "standard" IDS or other security monitoring system that can be deployed at multiple sites.
8. Help sites adopt best practices security-wise.
See Security_Duty for details of the NGI Security team's duty.