RAL Tier1 weekly operations castor 29/04/2013
From GridPP Wiki
- ORACLE client bug fix was due to a badly built RPM from ORACLE. It was fixed by replacing it with an updated library repackaged from CERN.
- The cause of the intermittent SUM user timeouts was traced to a race condition in the 2.1.12 disk manager. A fix was pushed out to all production disk servers via Puppet and we are not seeing any more occurrences of the bug.
- Can't upgrade puppet until someone spends time learning about administering it (to replace Chris) and this may delay an SL6 upgrade
Planned, Scheduled and Cancelled Interventions
Entries in/planned to go to GOCDB none
- Test and certify 2.1.13-9 with simplified Quattor templates
- Upgrade central services (NS,CUPV,VDQM) from 2.1.11-9 to 2.1.13-9
- Upgrade stagers from 2.1.12 to 2.1.13
- Castor on Call person
- Staff absence/out of the office: