RAL Tier1 weekly operations castor 23/01/2012
From GridPP Wiki
- The ORACLE RM problem reoccurred on Preprod during stress testing. A workaround for 10g was provided by ORACLE and was confirmed to work (The problem is fixed in 11g)
- (Fri) cmsWanIn and cmsFarmRead diskpools were mered into a common diskpool cmsTape.
- (Mon) The ATLAS 2.11 SRM upgrade was unsuccessful and was rolled back due to necessary DB optimization procedures not being carried out.
- aliceDisk diskpool filled up which caused operational problems for Alice.
- (Sun) More DNS problems caused operational problems for the Tier1, including CASTOR
Planned, Scheduled and Cancelled Interventions
Entries in/planned to go to GOCDB
|Description||Start||End||Type||Affected VO(s)||Lead by|
|SRM 2.11 upgrade, inc. move to new hardware+SL5+Quattor||23/01/2012 10:00||23/01/2012 12:00||Downtime||CMS||Shaun|
|SRM 2.11 upgrade, inc. move to new hardware+SL5+Quattor||26/01/2012 10:00||26/01/2012 12:00||Downtime||Gen||Shaun|
|CIP 2.2.0 upgrade (STC)||26/01/2012 12:00||26/01/2012 15:00||At-risk||All||Matthew|
|SRM 2.11 upgrade, inc. move to new hardware+SL5+Quattor||30/01/2012 10:00||30/01/2012 12:00||Downtime||CMS||Shaun|
|SRM 2.11 upgrade, inc. move to new hardware+SL5+Quattor||02/01/2012 10:00||02/01/2012 12:00||Downtime||LHCb||Shaun|
|Stage 2 of CASTOR DB move (STC)||07/02/2012 08:00||07/02/2012 16:00||Downtime||All||Rich|
|CASTOR 2.11-8 upgrade, inc. move to new hardware+SL5+Quattor (STC)||13/02/2012 08:00||24/02/2012 16:00||Downtime||All||Matthew|
- Move Tier1 instances to new Database infrastructure which with a Dataguard backup instance in R26
- Castor on Call person: Shaun
- Staff absence/out of the office: