RAL Tier1 weekly operations castor 22/10/2012
From GridPP Wiki
- CMS upgraded to 2.1.12-10
- RAL has entered the CMS Federation using its xroot service. This new service needs to be run through the New Service checklist.
- Obtained internal consensus over the new improved Quattor CASTOR templates. These are planned to be introduced in 2.1.13 upgrade.
- Andrew Lahiff has reported continuing tape reporting discrepancies in the CIP (RT#103067). Investigations are ongoing.
- A number of canbemigr files have remained since the CMS 2.1.13 upgrade.
Enabling central syslog collection of central service logs is needed before we turn off Amanda backups on all CASTOR headnodes
Planned, Scheduled and Cancelled Interventions
Entries in/planned to go to GOCDB
|Description||Start||End||Type||Affected VO(s)||Lead by|
|2.1.12-10 Stager upgrade||23/10/12 08:00||23/10/12 14:00||Downtime||LHCb||Matthew|
|2.1.12-10 Stager upgrade||30/10/12 08:00||30/10/12 14:00||Downtime||Gen||Matthew|
- Test and certify 2.1.13-5 with simplified Quattor templates
- Upgrade stagers to 2.1.13 and central services (NS,CUPV,VDQM) from 2.1.11 to 2.1.13
- Castor on Call person
- Staff absence/out of the office:
- (Mon-Wed) Shaun at EUDAT
- (Tue-Fri) Jens at Contrail
- (All week) Rob A/L