RAL Tier1 weekly operations castor 21/11/2011
From GridPP Wiki
- ALICE problems that appeared over the weekend and were found to be user side. They were fixed on Wednesday evening.
- Firware on the remaining V09 disk servers (all atlasStripInput and lhcbDst) was updated today.
- On Thursday, LHCb LSF dropped off approximately half of the production disk servers, which we believe was a side effect of an internal network outage earlier in the morning. Restarting LSF fixed the problem.
Planned, Scheduled and Cancelled Interventions
Entries in/planned to go to GOCDB none
- Move Tier1 instances to new Database infrastructure which with a Dataguard backup instance in R26
- Upgrade SRMs to 2.11 which incorporates VOMS support
- Certify 2.1.11 and evaluate the Transfer Manager (the new LSF replacement)
- Quattorization of remaining SRM servers
- Hardware upgrade, Quattorization and Upgrade to SL5 of Tier1 CASTOR headnodes
- Castor on Call person: Chris
- Staff absence/out of the office:
- (Mon,Tue) Shaun at federated storage conference, Lyon
- (Fri PM) DS away day