RAL Tier1 weekly operations castor 15/10/2012
From GridPP Wiki
- Faster deletion rates in 2.1.12 (a good thing) lead to an unexpected jump in free space after the ATLAS upgrade. Until we understood this, the LHCb upgrade was postponed (again)
- Federated xroot is now enabled on CMS
- A proposal for cleaning up the CASTOR Quattor templates will be presented at tomorrow's Quattor clinic.
- The decision has been made to move /etc/crontab from Puppet to Quattor control. All CASTOR configuration files will remain under Puppet control.
- Andrew Lahiff has reported continuing tape reporting discrepancies in the CIP (RT#103067). Investigations are ongoing.
Planned, Scheduled and Cancelled Interventions
Entries in/planned to go to GOCDB
|Description||Start||End||Type||Affected VO(s)||Lead by|
|2.1.12-10 Stager upgrade||16/10/12 08:00||16/10/12 14:00||Downtime||CMS||Matthew|
|2.1.12-10 Stager upgrade||23/10/12 08:00||23/10/12 14:00||Downtime||LHCb||Matthew|
|2.1.12-10 Stager upgrade||30/10/12 08:00||30/10/12 14:00||Downtime||Gen||Matthew|
- Test and certify 2.1.13-05 with simplified Quattor templates
- Upgrade stagers to 2.1.13 and central services (NS,CUPV,VDQM) from 2.1.11 to 2.1.13
- Castor on Call person
- Staff absence/out of the office: