RAL Tier1 weekly operations castor 13/12/2010
From GridPP Wiki
- ATLAS instance successfully upgraded to 2.1.9-6 this week
- WAN tuning was found to be missing from two Gen disk servers, leading to poor transfer rates for T2K.
- Unavailability of Overwatch caused complications while deploying the replacement SL08 capacity
- Gen xroot manager stopped working on Monday at the same time as the DNS problems. This affected ALICE jobs. Restarting it on Thursday fixed the problem.
- DLF database hardware had hardware problems on Thursday and was brought back on Friday.
- Lack of production-class hardware running ORACLE 10g needs to be resolved prior to CASTOR for Facilities going into full production
Planned, Scheduled and Cancelled Interventions
Entries in/planned to go to GOCDB
|Description||Start||End||Type||Affected VO(s)||Lead by|
|Update ATLAS disk servers to SL5 64bit (TBC)||17/01/2011 08:00||18/12/2011 16:00||Downtime||ATLAS||MV|
- Deploy new puppetmaster before Christmas
- CASTOR for Facilities instance in production by end of 2010
- Upgrade ATLAS, CMS, Gen disk servers to SL5 64bit and Quattorize the non-Quattorized disk servers
- CASTOR certification and upgrade to 2.1.9-10 which incorporates the fix for gridftp-internal to support multiple service classes, enabling checksums for Gen
- CASTOR upgrade to 2.1.9-10 and SRM upgrade to 2.10 to fix the unavailable status being reported to FTS with draining disk servers
- Castor on Call person: Chris
- Staff absence/out of the office: