RAL Tier1 weekly operations castor 13/02/2012
From GridPP Wiki
- xrootd testing finished on Preprod.
- New CIP information was not being published due to caching somewhere. On Thursday, when this was fixed, SAM OPs tests started failing due to not finding GlueSAPath. The CIP was rolled back until we fix the problem.
- (Fri) During the early hours, the SRM daemons crashed, causing problems for ATLAS between 0400-0600.
Planned, Scheduled and Cancelled Interventions
Entries in/planned to go to GOCDB
|Description||Start||End||Type||Affected VO(s)||Lead by|
|CASTOR 2.11-8 NS upgrade, inc. move to new hardware+SL5+Quattor||14/02/2012 08:00||24/02/2012 13:00||Downtime||All||Matthew|
|CASTOR 2.11-8 CMS Stager upgrade, inc. move to new hardware+SL5+Quattor||20/02/2012 08:00||20/02/2012 16:00||Downtime||CMS||Matthew|
|CASTOR 2.11-8 ATLAS Stager upgrade, inc. move to new hardware+SL5+Quattor||22/02/2012 08:00||22/02/2012 16:00||Downtime||ATLAS||Matthew|
|CASTOR 2.11-8 LHCb Stager upgrade, inc. move to new hardware+SL5+Quattor||27/02/2012 08:00||27/02/2012 16:00||Downtime||LHCb||Matthew|
|CASTOR 2.11-8 Gen Stager upgrade, inc. move to new hardware+SL5+Quattor||29/02/2012 08:00||29/02/2012 16:00||Downtime||Gen||Matthew|
- Move Tier1 instances to new Database infrastructure which with a Dataguard backup instance in R26
- Switch from LSF to Transfer Manager after 2.1.11 upgrade
- Start using Tape Gateway once CERN have been using it in production for approx. 2 months.
- Castor on Call person: Chris
- Staff absence/out of the office:
- (Wed PM) Matthew A/L