RAL Tier1 weekly operations castor 10/05/2010
From GridPP Wiki
Summary of Previous Week
- At MSST
- At CERN
- CASTOR operations :-)
- Will eventually get back to doing CIP stuff.
Developments for this week
- Reviewing the blessing stage of disk server deployment and logistics of V08/V09 deployment
- Deploying disk servers
- CoD+Depmon work
- Possibly CIP stuff.
- gdss397 lost a disk which, unusually, killed it. Taken out of prod'n by Shaun on bank hol Monday last week (3rd). Agreed to put back into prod'n Sat 8th if rebuild and tests successful.
Planned, Scheduled and Cancelled Interventions
Entries in/planned to go to GOCDB
- Upgrade to 2.1.8/2.1.9 2010
- Upgrade to SRM 2.8-6 after testing is complete
- ATLAS want to know how much capacity is available in disabled servers (published as Capability). Low priority CIP change to do this.
- CASTOR Instance for Non LHC 2010Q2
- Install/enable gridftp-internal on Gen (Before 2.1.8 upgrade)
- Castor on Call person: Matthew
- Staff absences:
- Chris (Mon-Wed)