RAL Tier1 weekly operations castor 09/08/2010
From GridPP Wiki
Work previous week
- Operations: Two disk servers in LHCbUser showed heavy load. Due to other two being full.
- Operations: Database problem on Neptune; resloved with Ian and Keir
- Operations: Need to schedule firmware update for SL08 disk servers
- PreProd: Some problems with grid-map file. Resolved by changing order of fetching info.
- PreProd: Problems on VULCAN DB
- PreProd: Problems with gdss154 as source for disk-2-disk copy
- PreProd: CMS and ATLAS started testing. No response yet from ALICE and LHCb
- PreProd: CIP now publishing correctly
- PreProd: Finishing the running of 2.1.9 functional test suite
- lhcbUser ran out of space on 2 disk servers. Now in draining.
- gdss417 (atlasMcDisk) failed due to unknown problem with array controller. Inaccessible data on this disk server resulted in RAL being blacklisted running farm jobs.
- Vulcan DB disk array failed and was rebooted on Friday.
Planned, Scheduled and Cancelled Interventions
Entries in/planned to go to GOCDB None
- Upgrade to 2.1.8/2.1.9 2010
- Castor on Call person: Matthew
- Staff absences:
- Chris A/L
- Shaun A/L