RAL Tier1 weekly operations castor 09/07/2012
From GridPP Wiki
- DataGuard switched on synchronizing the database to backup hardware
- (Thu) Facilities upgrade to 2.1.11-9,TM,TG + May/June erratas -> No more LSF in production
- Tested the June errata. Now good to go in production.
- Have decided with FT that we need more formal IOzone tests against new kernels across all d/s generations in preprod.
- (Today) Switched to new CIP version: CIP-2.2.10-1
- (Thu) Hot files on LHCb leading to large number of stalled jobs. Affected d/s have high WAIT CPU state. We will increase the TM weighting for xroot to throttle back transfers.
Planned, Scheduled and Cancelled Interventions
Entries in/planned to go to GOCDB none
- Test and certify 2.1.12-4 (Matthew, Chris)
- Selection of disk-only prototype solution (Shaun, Rob, Brian, James)
- Upgrade repack to 2.1.12-4 (Jul)
- Upgrade to 2.1.12 on Tier1 instances once we are happy with TM and TG in performance (Sep)
- Castor on Call person: Shaun
- Staff absence/out of the office:
- (Tue) Matthew Lustre WG, UCL
- (Wed-Fri) Matthew CRISTAL 3, Warwick