RAL Tier1 weekly operations castor 04/11/2013
From GridPP Wiki
- Chris starting doing CASTOR on Day Duty from this week.
- 2.1.14-3 templates now ready to be rolled out to preprod. We plan to upgrade preprod after the essential ups power work this week, along with latest errata.
- CASTOR F2F likely to be 9-10 Dec. (SdW, RA, CP, BC and TF expected to attend. MV not.)
- (01/11/13) Deletions of ATLAS files caused stager to become unresponsive to SRMs for a while with "[SRM_INTERNAL_ERROR] Too many threads busy with Castor at the moment." message. Batch deletions at 2000 files per request with no "waits" in between seemed to cause problems.
- (04/11/13) Repeat of above problem, this time with batch deletions at 1000 files per request with no "waits" in between seemed to cause problems - as do 500 file deletions with 10 second wait between requests.
Planned, Scheduled and Cancelled Interventions
Entries in/planned to go to GOCDB
- (5-6/11/13) Downtime for Essential UPS power work
- CASTOR 2.1.14 + SL5/6 testing, once 2.1.14 is released.
- Castor on Call person
- Staff absence/out of the office:
- Rob (A/L)
- (Thu PM) Matthew (A/L)