Maintaining GridPP approved VOs
The Approved VOs document is maintained semi-automatically using the fixApprovedVos VomsSnooper use case.
Presently, this work is done by the site administrator at Liverpool on a weekly basis. The VomsSnooper suite is installed there on a dedicated server, map2.ph.liv.ac.uk.
Adding a new VO
Any new new VO must be registered into the Operations Portal, as per Policies_for_GridPP_approved_VOs. Once that happens, the following changes are required to maintain it as an Approved VO.
- Check the operations portal that the new VO is present and correct.
- In the fixApprovedVos use case (/opt/GridDevel/vomssnooper/usecases/fixApprovedVos/), add the new VO to the allvos.txt file.
- Update the tables in the Approved VOs document to add the new VO to the appropriate header section. Classifications are "Approved EGI VO", "Approved Global VO", "Approved Local VO", "Other VO" or "VOs in the process of being established".
- Put in a dummy section for the VO's attributes (make an initial section by taking an existing section, and renaming it).
- Run the fixApprovedVos use case, and the VO attributes will be automatically updated.
The new VO will then be permanently maintained along with the other Approved VOs. If any attribute changes, it will be reflected in the new copy each week.
Removing a defunct VO
Before being decommissioned, it is necessary to check that there has been no recent usage. Once that concludes, a defunct VO should be removed from the Approved VOs document by implementing the following changes.
- Optionally, check that operations portal no longer has the defunct VO. This is not a necessity.
- In the fixApprovedVos use case (/opt/GridDevel/vomssnooper/usecases/fixApprovedVos/), remove the old VO from the allvos.txt file.
- Update the tables in the Approved VOs document to remove the old VO from the appropriate header section.
- Remove the section for the VO's attributes.
- Run the fixApprovedVos use case, and the VO attributes will be automatically removed.
The old VO will no longer be maintained as an Approved VO.