RAL Tier1 weekly operations castor 25/02/2013
From GridPP Wiki
Revision as of 15:05, 22 February 2013 by Matt viljoen
- Functional tests pass under 2.1.13-9, tested with the January errata and kernel. We are now ready to start stress testing this version in preparation for upgrading the Facilities instance.
- Four production tape servers now upgraded to 2.1.13-9 (3 in Tier 1 and 1 in Facilities). We plan to upgrade the rest this week.
- Lost 68 unmigrated files on a Gen disk server (gdss594) which had a double disk failure. This incident is being post mortemed.
- Can't upgrade puppet until someone spends time learning about administering it (to replace Chris) and this may delay an SL6 upgrade
- aliceDisk still full. ALICE are aware.
Planned, Scheduled and Cancelled Interventions
Entries in/planned to go to GOCDB none
- Test and certify 2.1.13-9 with simplified Quattor templates
- Turn off Amanda backups
- Upgrade tape servers to 2.1.13-9
- Upgrade central services (NS,CUPV,VDQM) from 2.1.11-9 to 2.1.13-9
- Upgrade stagers from 2.1.12 to 2.1.13
- Castor on Call person
- Staff absence/out of the office:
- (Tue+Wed AM) Rob A/L