Difference between revisions of "RAL Tier1 weekly operations castor 10/05/2019"
(Created page with "[https://www.gridpp.ac.uk/wiki/RAL_Tier1_weekly_operations_castor Parent article] == Standing agenda == 1. Achievements this week 2. Problems encountered this week 3. What...")
|Line 74:||Line 74:|
== Staffing ==
== Staffing ==
Rob out for next three weeks.
Rob out for next three weeks
== AoB ==
== AoB ==
Latest revision as of 10:27, 10 May 2019
1. Achievements this week
2. Problems encountered this week
3. What are we planning to do next week?
4. Long-term project updates (if not already covered)
5. Special topics
7. Review Fabric tasks
9. Availability for next week
Achievements this week
- LHCb fully migrated to Echo :D :D :D
- Facilities headnodes have been created and have inventory personalities.
- Agreed that GP and CP to produce a plan on how to do this.
- Aquilon disk servers ready to go, also queued behind tape robot
- Designing a stress test based on CC meeting (IOZone on SL6, IOZone on SL7, compare)
- DUNE have been set up on WLCGTape
- T2K issues with finding files on tape (GGUS 140870) - Currently on Alastair
- ATLAS are periodically submitting SAM tests that impact availability and cause pointless callouts - Currently with TA
- Nagios alert for subject alt names on stagers needs updating. With production team.
Plans for next few weeks
- Examine further standardisation of CASTOR pool settings.
- CASTOR team to generate a list of nonstandard settings and consider whether they are justified.
- Castor tape testing to continue after the production tape robot networking is installed
- Decommission lhcbDst then move them to wlcgTape
- Consult with Raja on decommissioning.
- New CASTOR WLCGTape instance.
- Migration of name server to VMs on 2.1.17-xx is waiting until aliceDisk is decommissioned.
- CASTOR disk server migration to Aquilon.
- Need to work with Fabric to get a stress test (see above)
- The problem of castor-functional-test1 has been absorbed into the task of sorting out worker node grid-mapfile generation and distribution.
- RA to make a VM for James
- AD wants us to make sure that experiments cannot write to that part of namespace that was used for d1t0 data: namespace cleanup/deletion of empty dirs.
- Some discussion about what exactly is required and how this can be actually implemented.
- CASTOR team proposal is either:
- to switch all of these directories to a fileclass with a requirement for a tape copy but no migration route; this will cause an error whenever any writes are attempted.
- to run a recursive nschmod on all the unneeded directories to make them read only.
- CASTOR team split over the correct approach.
- Problem with functional test node using a personal proxy which runs out some time in July.
- RA met with JJ, requested an appropriate certificate.
- GP to follow up with JJ
- RA and DM to sit down to sort out storage metric question
- Plan to create new metrics for GridPP6.
- Rob out for next three weeks on A/L
- GP out next week for an ALICE meeting.
GP on call.