| General updates
Monday 26th November
- Winnie: a question about Site-BDII issues leads to long Rollout exchange. The short summary is.... [insert ops meeting comments]. Oh and LF also added "Hanging Top BDIIs" to the discussion and the EGI update.
- Monday's ops minutes are available. Main item to note is the EGI update.
- Simon asks: AMD worker nodes? Is there a wider discussion to be had on hardware purchasing at this time?
- EGI Trust Anchor release 1.95-1 (see https://wiki.egi.eu/wiki/EGI_IGTF_Release for more details).
Monday 19th November
- Glasgow, Liverpool, Manchester, RAL have created CE JSON files, there will be a discussion at the next WLCG Information System this week. https://indico.cern.ch/event/774735/
- There was an EGI OMB last week | Agenda.
- Schedule for T2K LFC migration agreed at technical meeting last week.
- WLCG ops meeting | 12th Nov | 19th Nov.
- October was a good month for T2 A/R. Final figures now uploaded.
Monday 5th November
- Restarting Technical Meetings on Friday. Topics to be announced at the ops meeting.
- ISGC 2019 Submission Deadline Extended to 19 November.
- Winnie: LCG frontier-squid server, w/DNS alias - ok?
- WLCG weekly ops notes from Monday 5th.
| WLCG Operations Coordination - AgendasWiki Page
Tuesday 30th October
- The ops meeting is shifting to the 8th November.
Tuesday 16th October
- There was an ops coordination meeting on 11th October: Agenda/slides | Minutes.
- Next meeting is on 1st November.
Monday 8th October
- There will be an Ops Coordination meeting this Thursday 12th: Agenda.
Monday 17th September
- There was a WLCG ops coordination meeting last Thursday. The minutes are now available and the presentations uploaded to this agenda page.
- A report on EOS incidents, improvements and plans
- DPM Storage Resource Reporting deployment TF introduction
- CMS CRIC is deployed in production
- Sites should upgrade perfSONAR to v4.1 on CentOS 7
- The next meeting is planned for 11th October.
| Tier-1 - Status Page
Tue 27th November Report for the Experiments Liaison Report (20/11/2018) is here.
- PPD Tier-2 reverted its switch to IPv6. This resolved a variety of problems for the Tier-2 some of which were being blamed on the Tier-1 (e.g. FTS service failures).
- We believe the CMS AAA issues have been resolved. We will close the tickets but are continuing to look at ways of building more resilience in to the service. The change that appears to have fixed the problems were made on the 23rd November. This change reduced the chunk size being requested from Echo from 64MB to 4MB meaning that small data requests would be served much faster, with a slight (~10%) reduction in performance for large data requests. These changes were only made to the CMS AAA service. Since then the SAM tests have been all passing. 90% of the the CMS AAA Hammer Cloud test jobs have been passing, which is extremely good. The Hammer Cloud tests involve jobs at other sites requesting data from RAL. There can be a significant failure rate that is nothing to do with the site and anything above 70% success rate is considered a pass. The throughput on the proxy machines is much more balanced with the new chunk size in place.
- The problem report by NA62 in the previous week, when they couldn’t recall data in a timely manner, was the result of a forgotten cron job on the new system. This cron assigns new media to tape pools as they run short. The ATLAS tape pool ran out of tapes and a 200 000 file backlog built up before this was noticed. The tape system priorities writing to tape above recalls (to ensure data is safe), and therefore once the problem was fixed, the next ~48 hours were dominated with clearing this back log.
- Since 22nd November, SAM tests against the (Old - tape only) CMS Castor instance appear to be "missing" from the reports (and in some plots appear to indicate 100% failure). If we check the actual results they are passing. Do not currently understand the issue, migration to new endpoint is only a week away.
| Storage & Data Management - Agendas/Minutes
Wed 21 Nov
- DPM sites: We are now not recommending not upgrading to DOME! unless you're using YAIM
- More operational issues on IPv6 routed networks
Wed 14 Nov
- Interesting operational issue switching ATLAS from SRM to xroot
- Do we have a "data management solution" and if so, what does it look like?
Wed 07 Nov
- More "data lake" and documentation
- Progress with caching but need to watch access patterns
Wed 31 Oct
- The role of EOS in the present and future GridPP
Wed 24 Oct
- GridPP storage and data management - well placed to contribute to IRIS
- Rucio+cache, proposed EOS evaluations, DOME testing update(s)
| Tier-2 Evolution - GridPP JIRA
Monday 26th November
- VacMon running on a larger memory VM, again with CentOS7/ES5. Normal performance again.
- https://vacjson.gridpp.ac.uk/ has prototype CRR JSON files (ie the BDII replacement) generated on the fly from the VacMon ElasticSearch database. These are for all sites (UK + CERN + YANDEX) reporting Vac/Vcycle status to VacMon. There is a corresponding InformationSystem extension in GOCDB to declare the URL of the CRR JSON file.
- General note: there is a GitHub repo for scripts and sample JSON files which sites want to share.
Tuesday 22rd October
- VacMon monitoring pages running again, on CentOS7/ES5. Still slower than previous SL6/ES5 machine so may try again in a larger memory VM.
| Documentation - KeyDocs
Tuesday 18th September 2018
- We need to flag documents that are obsolete and update our monitoring!
Tuesday 18th September 2018
- Changes to Approved VOs: LZ record at Imperial now showing up in the portal (had been inserted as a special case until now.)
Tuesday 11th June 2018
Steve Jones is updating the User Guide with various mods that have cropped up since Tom Whyntie left (pending permission to edit GridPP website docs...)
Tuesday 11th June 2018
Approved VOs now contains two new SKA VOMS servers (at Oxford and Imperial, as well as Manchester).
Tuesday 8th May 2018
- Updating GridPP website certificate to avoid Chrome warnings
See the worst KeyDocs list for documents needing review now and the names of the responsible people.
| Interoperation - EGI ops agendas Indico schedule
Thursday 15 Nov 2018
- Interesting discussion about UMD Product ID card
- Information System/BDII future
- Discussion about UK BDII plan and time line: Monitoring can be an issue
Monday 08 October 2018
- Argo notification is working so sites can subscribe to notification by enabling notification from GOCDB
Monday 17th September
- There was an EGI ops meeting on 10th September. The agenda page is here.
Tuesday 24 July
- EGI OPS meeting on 16 July 2018, meeting agenda 
Recommend not to update CREAM
issue with canl-java, in progress https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=136074
- Does site requires MPI for Centos7? Is any site willing to support MPI for grid?
- No meeting in August, next meeting on 10 Sep
Monday 2nd July
Monday 11th June
- Meeting agenda : 
- Upcoming releases relevant to UK sites
- gfal2 major release(2.5.4)
- Arc 5.4.2
- Yearly review of information in GOCDB. UK ticket status is in progress. Should each site update the ticket?
- Sites can enable ARGO notification through GOCDB. It can be done at site level or at the service level
- Final call for WMS decommission. No UK WMS is in the list.
- WebDav probes will be added to ARGO_MON_CRITICAL profile which means that unavailability of webdav will be added to A/R figures. All UK endpoints are passing the test at the moment
- Next meeting 9th July
Monday 14th May
Tuesday 24th April
- The next EGI OMB is on 3rd May
| Monitoring - Links MyWLCG
Tuesday 4th July
- There were a number of useful links provided in the monitoring talks at the WLCG workshop in Manchester - especially those in the Wednesday sessions.
Monday 13th February
- This category is pretty much inactive. Are there any topics under "monitoring" that anyone wants reported at this ops meeting? If not we will remove this section from the regular updates area of the bulletin and just leave the main links.
Tuesday 1st December
Tuesday 16th June
- F Melaccio & D Crooks decided to add a FAQs section devoted to common monitoring issues under the monitoring page.
- Feedback welcome.
| On-duty - Dashboard ROD rota
Tuesday 14th August
- A couple of new availability tickets (QMUL and Lancaster), both for well-publicised reasons. Otherwise quiet. AM on shift this week.
Tuesday 12th June
- Four availability tickets still open. One ticket on hold at RAL as they are figuring out that how to deal with castor publishing issue.
- Dashboard struggled during the week and it was slow but now it seems to be OK.
- One Bristol ticket got stuck in weird state where it can not be deleted from dashboard although it has been solved.
Monday 21st May
Monday 5th March
- AM->GS. A quiet week last week.
| VOs - GridPP VOMS VO IDs Approved VO table
Monday 20th November
- Tom Whyntie has requested (and been granted) access to the GridPP VO to get some pipelines working for large-scale processing and analysis of MRI scans associated with the UK Biobank project.
- All VOs in the incubation page being prompted for updates by the end of November (required input for OC documents).
- QMUL (Steve L) is following up on the biomed MoU. GridPP want to be cited in research papers for the support our resources/sites provide.