Operations Bulletin Latest

From GridPP Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Bulletin archive

Week commencing Monday 11th June 2018
Task Areas
General updates

Monday 21st May

  • CHEP 2018 registration is open until June 2nd.
  • As of 15th May: EUGridPMA have announced a new set of CA rpms.
  • AD will talk on Rucio work at the storage meeting tomorrow.
  • The WLCG weekly ops meeting takes place on Tuesday this week (meeting notes).

Monday 14th May

Tuesday 8th May

WLCG Operations Coordination - AgendasWiki Page

Monday 16th April

  • There was a meeting on 12th. Agenda | Minutes.
    • Balazs Konya is new in the role of WLCG Middleware Officer.
    • Next meeting 7th June.
    • Delay for submission of GGUS tickets for recalculation should be respected. It is 10 days after monthly drafts of the availability reports are sent around by WLCG project office. If the GGUS tickets are not submitted respecting 10 days delay, they are not accepted.
    • A/R recalculations will be accepted if they are relevant to the site MoU commitment or concern time ranges of sufficient length.

Monday 5th March

  • The agenda and minutes from the WLCG ops coordination meeting last week are available.
  • Special topics were: CNAF recovery update; SAM recalculation policy draft discussion and Progress on WLCG Storage Space Accounting Prototype including tape metrics.

Tuesday 27th February

Tier-1 - Status Page

Tuesday 11th June Report for the Experiments Liaison Report (11/06/2018) is here.

  • Continuing problems with small VOs and Castor (BDii) - Please be advised that in the light of the impact on a number of smaller VO's the removal of this service has caused, that Castor information (at least in the short term), is now being published in the BDii.
Storage & Data Management - Agendas/Minutes

Wed 16 May

  • Operational issues some of which at least are due to timeouts hardwired in the system.
  • Report on CERN data lakes - still lots of questions, though. Maybe if we could try it out?

Wed 02 May

  • DPM DOME discussion... will Glasgow (or someone else) volunteer to test before DPM workshop?
  • Storage agenda for HEPiX

Monday 30th April

  • There is a new recommended GridFTP configuration change to accommodate checksum.

Wed 25 Apr

  • Discussion regarding CMS (ab)use of Bristol?
  • Report on impact of Spectre and Meltdown BIOS patches
Tier-2 Evolution - GridPP JIRA

Tuesday 5th Jun

  • RHUL updated to Vac 3.0 / Vac-in-a-Box 1.0 last week, including support for custom network configurations (network interface bonding)

Tuesday 15th May

Tuesday 8th May

  • Updated the instructions in the wiki about supporting GridPP DIRAC Service VOs at Vac sites. This makes use of the multipart vacuum pipes in Vac 3.0, which allow the definitions of multiple VMs to be obtained from a single JSON file: https://www.gridpp.ac.uk/wiki/Vac_configuration_for_GridPP_DIRAC (The same mechanism will work in Vcycle 1.0)

Accounting - UK Grid Metrics HEPSPEC06 Atlas Dashboard HS06

Tuesday 6th February

Tuesday 30th January

Tuesday 24th Oct

Monday 16th January

  • The discussion topic for next week will be accounting comparisons. Please note Alessandra's comments last week.

Monday 14th November

  • Alessandra has written an FAQ to extract numbers from ATLAS and APEL avoiding the SSB.

Monday 26th September

  • A problem with the APEL Pub and Sync tests developed last Tuesday and was resolved on Wednesday. This had a temporary impact on the accounting portal.
Documentation - KeyDocs

Tuesday 8th May 2018

  • Updating GridPP website certificate to avoid Chrome warnings

Tuesday 6th March 2018

The DTEAM VO has now changed its VOMS server. Please see alert notice here: https://www.gridpp.ac.uk/wiki/GridPP_approved_VOs

Tuesday 22nd Jan 2018


  • New Approved VO

A VO, solidexperiment.org, has been included in the GridPP Approved VOs document. Sites are requested to support this experiment, resources permitting.


  • In the Ops Portal, LHCb mentions a new cvmfs mount, /cvmfs/lhcb-condb.cern.ch
  • A voms server for magic, voms02.pic.es, has an updated DN.

Tuesday 9th Jan 2018 Changes to Approved VOs.

a) VOMS servers for planck, ipv6.hepix.org and enmr are now restored to as they were before the flooding at CNAF. b) The DN of a VOMS server for magic has changed.


Tuesday 5th Sept 2017

New Approved VO. SKA European regional data centre, skatelescope.eu


This VO is ramping up and has requested support. Andrew McNab is the contact person for GridPP.

General note

See the worst KeyDocs list for documents needing review now and the names of the responsible people.

Interoperation - EGI ops agendas Indico schedule

' Monday 11th June

  • Meeting agenda : [1]
  • Upcoming releases relevant to UK sites
 gfal2 major release(2.5.4)
 Arc 5.4.2
  • Yearly review of information in GOCDB. UK ticket status in progress. Should each site update the ticket?
  • Sites can enable ARGO notification through GOCDB. It can be done at site level or service level
  • Final call for WMS decommission. No UK WMS in list.
  • WebDav probes will be added to ARGO_MON_CRITICAL profile which means that unavailability of webdav will be added to A/R figures. All UK endpoints are passing the test at the moment

Monday 14th May

  • Next meeting June 11th

Tuesday 24th April

  • The next EGI OMB is on 3rd May

Tuesday 6/3

Monitoring - Links MyWLCG

Tuesday 4th July

  • There were a number of useful links provided in the monitoring talks at the WLCG workshop in Manchester - especially those in the Wednesday sessions.

Monday 13th February

  • This category is pretty much inactive. Are there any topics under "monitoring" that anyone wants reported at this ops meeting? If not we will remove this section from the regular updates area of the bulletin and just leave the main links.

Tuesday 1st December

Tuesday 16th June

  • F Melaccio & D Crooks decided to add a FAQs section devoted to common monitoring issues under the monitoring page.
  • Feedback welcome.

On-duty - Dashboard ROD rota

Monday 21st May

Monday 5th March

  • AM->GS. A quiet week last week.

Rollout Status WLCG Baseline

Monday 20th November

Historical References

Security - Incident Procedure Policies Rota

Tuesday 5th June

  • Advisory update
  • David now in post
  • Meeting scheduled for this afternoon

Tuesday 15th May

  • Meeting scheduled for this afternoon

Tuesday 8th May

  • EGI IGTF CA update, version 1.91-1 ticket created [EGI #14315]

Monday 30th April

  • (David) Any feedback from the EOSC security communications meeting?

Tuesday 24th April

Tuesday 20th March

Communication challenge took place on Wednesday 14th March.

Services - PerfSonar production dashboard |PerfSonar development dashboard | OSG Networking and perfSONAR pages | GridPP VOMS

- This includes notifying of (inter)national services that will have an outage in the coming weeks or will be impacted by work elsewhere. (Cross-check the Tier-1 update).

Monday 30th April

Monday 19th February

Please could sites upgrade their perfsonar hosts to CentOS7. Instructions are here. Current OS versions here.

  • Duncan has recreated the UK perfSONAR mesh. Link here!

Tools - MyEGI Nagios

Monday 20th November

Tuesday 18th July

  • Following our ops discussion last week, Steve will focus his tests on supporting the GridPP DIRAC area and decommission the other tests.

VOs - GridPP VOMS VO IDs Approved VO table

Monday 20th November

  • Tom Whyntie has requested (and been granted) access to the GridPP VO to get some pipelines working for large-scale processing and analysis of MRI scans associated with the UK Biobank project.
  • All VOs in the incubation page being prompted for updates by the end of November (required input for OC documents).
  • QMUL (Steve L) is following up on the biomed MoU. GridPP want to be cited in research papers for the support our resources/sites provide.

Site Updates


Meeting Summaries
Project Management Board - MembersMinutes Quarterly Reports


GridPP ops meeting - Agendas Actions Core Tasks


RAL Tier-1 Experiment Liaison Meeting (Wednesday 13:30) Agenda Meeting takes place on Vidyo.

Highlights from this meeting are now included in the Tier1 report farther up this page.

WLCG Grid Deployment Board - Agendas MB agendas


NGI UK - Homepage CA


UK ATLAS - Shifter view News & Links

Atlas S&C week 2-6 Feb 2015


• Prodsys-2 in production since Dec 1st

• Deployment has not been transparent , many issued has been solved, the grid is filled again

• MC15 is expected to start soon, waiting for physics validations, evgen testing is underway and close to finalised.. Simulation expected to be broadly similar to MC14, no blockers expected.


• Rucio in production since Dec 1st and is ready for LHC RUN-2. Some fields need improvements, including transfer and deletion agents, documentation and monitoring.

Rucio dumps available.

Dark data cleaning

files declaration . Only Only DDM ops can issue lost files declaration for now, cloud support needs to fill a ticket.

• Webdav panda functional tests with Hammercloud are ongoing


Main page

DDM Accounting




• ASAP (ATLAS Site Availability Performance) in place. Every 3 months the T2s sites performing BELOW 80% are reported to the International Computing Board.





  • N/A
To note

  • N/A