| General updates
Tuesday 27th March 2019
- HOW HSF/OSG/WLCG workshop last week: https://indico.cern.ch/event/759388/
- Reminder that GridPP42 registration closes next week: https://indico.cern.ch/event/780766/
- Do people have anything they'd like to added to the agenda? Although you might need a shoehorn to fit anything in.
- Provisional technical meeting this Friday@11am on HTCondor, and one is planned on EOS experiences soon(tm).
- Anyone have anything else?
Tuesday 12th March 2019
Tuesday 5th March 2019
Monday 18th February 2019
Tuesday 12th February
- DPM release - 1.11
- Approved VOs: changes to BIOMED and ENMR
- Simon: VAC with VM condor VM to support local batch jobs?
- There is a GDB this week - agenda.
- NGI Argus/Central Banning config (see DC message).
- There was a WLCG ops meeting yesterday. Minutes are available.
- HOW19 registration (early bird rate has ended). HSF-OSG-WLCG joint workshop.
- A/R explanations for January: QMUL power outage; Bham now on EOS so SE tests fail; ECDF 80% LHCb??
Tuesday 5th February
- The EGI RP/RC A/R Report for January 2019 is available. UKI overall fine. Bham and RAL-LCG2 may wish to examine their results.
- A reminder.... Please could everyone think about their WLCG (and beyond) engagements and commitments and put anything of note in the wiki table here.
- Notes from yesterday's WLCG ops meeting are available. Issues at RAL noted by LHCb.
- It is CMS week this week.
- In case missed here is Elena's ATLAS update:
- https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=138033: singularity jobs failing at RAL. A job that Alessandra submitted still has a problem with the home directory. Ral is trying to fix it.
- There was a power lost to a rack and the two storage nodes in it in Lancaster over weekend which cause a problem to ATLAS jobs. This was fixed on Monday.
- Raul asked for srmless atlas transfers for Brunel. Elena is changing transfer configuration in AGIS but the jobs are still failing. Peter will look into this.
- There was a discussion on lightweight ATLAS Grid sites @ADC weekly last week. Sheffield, Cambridge, Brunel, Durham, Bham and Sussex should become diskless sites.
- There is an ongoing discussion about LSST jobs on GridPP resources that may be of wider interest. Their VOMS was down so the question was raised about using GridPP VOMS or setting up another VOMS in the UK to read its data from the SLAC instance.
- The 9th DIRAC Users Workshop will be held in London 14. - 17. May 2019. Here is the registration link.
- December's WLCG A/R final report is available at via this link.
- The figures for January 2019 are now available and updates from 3 sites requested:
- Simon G asks: VAC with VM condor VM to support local batch jobs? Has anyone done it??
- EGI has started an HTCondor integration process and captures progress here: https://ggus.eu/index.php?mode=ticket_info&ticket_id=139377.
- End of Support for CREAM-CE: The CREAM working group has announced that official support for the CREAM-CE component will cease at the end of the EOSC-hub project, i.e. in Dec 2020. The CREAM working group will be providing full support until the end of 2019, including one minor release already scheduled. During 2020 only security updates will be released.
| WLCG Operations Coordination - AgendasWiki Page
Tuesday 26th March
Monday 11th February 2019
- There was a WLCG ops coordination meeting last Thursday. You can view the meeting notes here.
- End of CREAM support Dec 2020.
- Migration from CREAM to be discussed at the EGI conference 6-8 of May in Amsterdam.
- Operational intelligence discussion (see slides).
- Experiment updates (see ATLAS discussion on DOMA)
- WG updates (few).
Monday 10th December
- WLCG ops coordination meeting held Thursday 6th. minutes.
- IPv6 deployment update
- CentOS / CC7 timelines for lxbatch and lxplus
- Container WG update
- CREAM CE end of support is Dec 2020
- Next meeting 7th February 2019.
Tuesday 4th December
Tuesday 30th October
- The ops meeting is shifting to the 8th November.
Tuesday 16th October
- There was an ops coordination meeting on 11th October: Agenda/slides | Minutes.
- Next meeting is on 1st November.
Monday 8th October
- There will be an Ops Coordination meeting this Thursday 12th: Agenda.
Monday 17th September
- There was a WLCG ops coordination meeting last Thursday. The minutes are now available and the presentations uploaded to this agenda page.
- A report on EOS incidents, improvements and plans
- DPM Storage Resource Reporting deployment TF introduction
- CMS CRIC is deployed in production
- Sites should upgrade perfSONAR to v4.1 on CentOS 7
- The next meeting is planned for 11th October.
| Tier-1 - Status Page
19th March 2019 Report for the Experiments Liaison Report (18/03/2019) is here.
- All very quiet at Tier-1 with nothing of note to report - until Friday afternoon, then the Security Challenge started...!
- With reference to the current Security Challenge, at time of reporting, RAL-LCG2 have not yet found any evidence of the DN successfully running batch work or accessing our storage. We do see the incoming batch jobs and we are investigating why these seem not to have run. As yet we have not found any access to the IPs listed in the initial communication.
- Tier-1 did not a problem on our site Argus server on Saturday around 13:20UTC when the Argus PAP server stopped. It was restarted after a callout. At present we do not believe this is related to the challenge.
| Storage & Data Management - Agendas/Minutes
Wed 20 Feb
- There's a Rucio workshop next week, in Oslo
- Data lakes and analytics facilities.
Wed 13 Feb
- A summary of the summary of the summary of the Cloud Workshop at Crick
- FTS bug causing files to disappear!
Wed 23 Jan
- TLA-approved writeup
- More on data lakes
Wed 16 Jan
- Checksums for T2K missing?
- Updated data lakes discussion document (CERN flavour)
| Tier-2 Evolution - GridPP JIRA
Monday 14th January
- Separate problems with LHCb and ATLAS VM definitions being investigated
| Monitoring - Links MyWLCG
Tuesday 4th July
- There were a number of useful links provided in the monitoring talks at the WLCG workshop in Manchester - especially those in the Wednesday sessions.
Monday 13th February
- This category is pretty much inactive. Are there any topics under "monitoring" that anyone wants reported at this ops meeting? If not we will remove this section from the regular updates area of the bulletin and just leave the main links.
Tuesday 1st December
Tuesday 16th June
- F Melaccio & D Crooks decided to add a FAQs section devoted to common monitoring issues under the monitoring page.
- Feedback welcome.
| On-duty - Dashboard ROD rota
Tuesday 5th February
- Birmingham decommissioning of SRM and BDII still going on so tickets are on hold.
- Few availability tickets on hold
- Lancaster has WebDav ticket on hold which seems to be effect of DOME rollout
Tuesday 14th August
- A couple of new availability tickets (QMUL and Lancaster), both for well-publicised reasons. Otherwise quiet. AM on shift this week.
| VOs - GridPP VOMS VO IDs Approved VO table
Monday 20th November
- Tom Whyntie has requested (and been granted) access to the GridPP VO to get some pipelines working for large-scale processing and analysis of MRI scans associated with the UK Biobank project.
- All VOs in the incubation page being prompted for updates by the end of November (required input for OC documents).
- QMUL (Steve L) is following up on the biomed MoU. GridPP want to be cited in research papers for the support our resources/sites provide.