Disk Pool Manager
The Disk Pool Manager (DPM) is a lightweight solution for disk storage management. If offers the required SRM interfaces, although it is currently transitioning away from this to a more "modern" model.
The only officially supported method for automatically configuring DPM uses Puppet. There are also some manual configuration instructions available. If this is your first time with DPM then the DPM Glossary may be of help. Older guides that previously appeared in this section can now be found at the bottom of this page.
- DPM Install - A HOWTO for a basic DPM Install.
- DPM Install Checklist - What you should have after an install.
- DPM Testing - Some tests to verify that DPM is working.
- DPM Certificates - Where certificates for DPM need to go - and how to update them.
- Random DPM errors in SAM - Collection of intermittent failures seen in SAM - this is older but maybe still useful
- RFIO Local Access Some instructions on running on files locally using rfio
Care and Feeding
Some of this material may be older that others:
- DPM Disk Pool - adding more file servers to your DPM.
- DPM VO Specific Pools - how to stop VOs from filling all your storage space.
- Removing files from a DPM - clearing out the junk
- Recognise SRM - check if a remote SRM is a DPM
- Performance and Tuning - how to optimise DPM.
- DPM Gotcha's - Problems encountered keeping a DPM running.
- DPM-admin-tools - Toolkit to help sites manage DPM.
- DPM Utilities - Utility scripts to manipulate the DPNS databases
- DPM MySQL database - Description of the DPM MySQL database tables.
- DPM Consistency Checker - Checks that the namespace and disk pool contents are synchronised.
- DPM Filesystem Access Control Lists - Control access to any branch of the DPM namespace filesystem.
Information and Statistics
- DPM Monitoring - giving you a view inside the black-box of DPM.
- DPM Information Publishing - getting your DPM to publish storage information to the BDII.
- DPM Enabling Gridview - publishing DPM gridftp statistics to GridView
- DPM Log File Tracing - Reading the tea leaves with DPM
- DPM and chroot - Putting DPM in jail
- DPM Argus Integration - Integrating DPM with your site ARGUS for centralised banning
- DPM Space Tokens - Enabling and publishing SRMv2 space tokens with DPM
Other Useful Resources
- The general GridPP Storage Resources.
- Experiences with DPM at the University of Edinburgh: DPM Edinbugh Install
- Experience of DPM upgrade from SL6 to Centos7 at Oxford DPM upgrade at Oxford
- DPM CERN service: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DPM user forum: email@example.com
- DPM in Service Challenges: https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/LCG/DpmInformation
- OLD DPM Admin Guide: https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/LCG/DpmAdminGuide
- DPM (+LFC) official docs: https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/LCG/DataManagementDocumentation
- RFIO Performance Testing - Stress testing LAN access to your DPM
- DPM Yaim Install - An older HOWTO for a basic DPM Install.
- DPM Upgrades - Upgrading to a new version of DPM.
- Classic SE Migration - if you have a Classic SE and wish to replace it with DPM.
- DPM Yaim Issues - Some problems with the YAIM scripts.
- Installing SL3 build of DPM on SL4
- DPM 1.7 Upgrade - A guide to upgrading from v 1.6 to 1.7
DPM on true 64bit
- DPM SRMv2 Status - Current status of the SRMv2 interface.
- DPM SRMv2.2 Testing - Log of the issues that arose from testing SRMv2.2 in DPM 1.6.3
- DPM Bugs - Current issues with the DPM servers.
Old release information :
- Most up to date version in cvs (may not be in production yet).
- Basic change-log from cvs.
- Long change-log from cvs.