Batch system status
From GridPP Wiki
Revision as of 13:10, 13 March 2015 by Andrew Mcnab 2ef6d6672c
Sites batch system status
This page has been setup to collect information from GridPP sites regarding their batch systems in February 2014. The information will help with wider considerations and strategy. The table seeks the following:
- Current product (local/shared) - what is the current batch system at the site. Is it locally managed or shared with other groups?
- Concerns - has your site experienced any problems with the batch system in operation?
- Interest/Investigating/Testing - Does your site already have plans to change and if so to what. If not are you actively investigating or testing any alternatives?
- CE type(s) - What CE type (gLite, ARC...) do you currently run and do you plan to change this, perhaps in conjunction with a batch system move?
- Cloud interface(s)? - Does your site offer access to resources in ways other than via a CE? (See Cloud & VM status for more up-to-date / detailed information)
- Multicore status for ATLAS and CMS
- Notes - Any other information you wish to share on this topic.
|Site||Current product (local/shared)||Concerns and observations||Interest/Investigating/Testing||CE type(s) & plans at site||cgroups||Multicore Atlas/CMS||Cloud interface available/plans||Notes|
|RAL Tier-1||HTCondor (local)||None||No reason||ARC||Yes||Yes||OpenNebula|
|UKI-LT2-Brunel||Torque/Maui, Arc/Condor||No support for Torque/Maui||Slurm and HTCondor in test||Arc in test||Yes||Yes||OpenVZ in production, Docker in test|
|UKI-LT2-IC-HEP||Gridengine (local)||None||No reason||CREAM, ARC||No||Yes||GridPP Cloud Tests||
|UKI-LT2-QMUL||Gridengine (local)||None||Son of Gridengine||CREAM||No||Yes||Deploy cloudstack, find scalable solution to get our storage usable in the cloud|
|UKI-LT2-RHUL||Torque/Maui (local)||Torque/Maui support non-existent||Will follow the consensus||CREAM||No||Yes||
|UKI-NORTHGRID-LANCS-HEP||Son of Gridengine (HEC), torque/maui (local)||Disillusioned with torque/maui.||Slurm or HTCondor.||CREAM, interested in ARC||No||Yes||VMWare testing; Vac in production|
|UKI-NORTHGRID-LIV-HEP (Single core cluster)||Torque Maui (local)||Poor Support, Maui intrinsically broken||Cream||No||NO||None|
|UKI-NORTHGRID-LIV-HEP (Multi core cluster)||HTCondor (local)||None||ARC||Loooking into it||YES||None||
|UKI-NORTHGRID-MAN-HEP||Torque/Maui (local)||Maui is unsupported. It had memory leaks. Robert wrote a patch and there was nowhere to feed it back into.||HTCondor||Currently CREAM, investigating ARC-CE||No||Yes||Vac in production||
|UKI-NORTHGRID-SHEF-HEP||Torque/Maui (local)||Torque/Maui support non-existent||HTCondor is in testing mode||CREAM CE, ACR CE is in test||No||Yes||
|UKI-SCOTGRID-DURHAM||SLURM (local)||No reason||ARC CE||No||Yes||N/A||
|UKI-SCOTGRID-ECDF||Gridengine||None||No reason||Cream CE for standard production, ARC CE for exploratory HPC work||No||Yes||
|UKI-SCOTGRID-GLASGOW||HTcondor (local), Torque/Maui (local)||Becomes unresponsive at times of high load or nodes being un-contactable.||Investigating HTCondor/SoGE/SLURM as a replacement.||ARC, Cream||Yes||Yes||N/A|
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-BHAM-HEP||Torque/Maui||Maui sometimes fails to see new jobs and so nothing is scheduled||HTCondor||CREAM||No||No||Testing Vac setup||
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-BRIS||HTCondor (shared), torque + maui (local)||None||No reason||ARC & CREAM CEs||No||X||
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-CAM-HEP||Torque/Maui (local)||Torque/Maui support non-existent||Will follow the consensus||CREAM CE||No||Yes||None at present|
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-OX-HEP||HTCondor (local)||None||No reason||ARC CE in production||Yes||Yes||OpenStack in production. Testing VAC||
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-RALPP||HTCondor||None||No reason||ARC CE||Yes||Yes||
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-SUSX||(Shared) Gridengine - (Univa Grid Engine)||None||No reason||CREAMCE||Looking into it||Yes||