Batch system status
Sites batch system status
This page has been setup to collect information from GridPP sites regarding their batch systems in February 2014. The information will help with wider considerations and strategy. The table seeks the following:
- Current product (local/shared) - what is the current batch system at the site. Is it locally managed or shared with other groups?
- Concerns - has your site experienced any problems with the batch system in operation?
- Interest/Investigating/Testing - Does your site already have plans to change and if so to what. If not are you actively investigating or testing any alternatives?
- CE type(s) - What CE type (gLite, ARC...) do you currently run and do you plan to change this, perhaps in conjunction with a batch system move?
- glExec/pilot support for all VOs - do you have glExec and pilot pool accounts for all VOs, as opposed to just the LHC VOs? Used for the move to a Dirac WMS.
- Multicore status for ATLAS and CMS
- Machine/Job Features (MJF) enabled: - = not started; Fail = failing SAM tests; Warn = warnings from SAM tests; Pass = passing SAM tests
- Notes - Any other information you wish to share on this topic.
See Cloud & VM status for status of Vac/Cloud deployment by site.
|Site||Current product (local/shared)||Concerns and observations||Interest/Investigating/Testing||CE type(s) & plans at site||Pilots for all||cgroups||Multicore Atlas/CMS||MJF||Notes|
|RAL Tier-1||HTCondor (local)||None||No reason||ARC||Yes||Yes||Yes||Warn|
|UKI-LT2-Brunel||Arc/Condor||ArcCE info system||Spark cluster in test||Arc||Yes||Yes||Yes||-|
|UKI-LT2-IC-HEP||Gridengine (local)||None||No reason||CREAM, ARC||Yes||No||Yes||-||
|UKI-LT2-QMUL||Gridengine / SLURM||SLURM does support MaxCPUTime for queues but it's complicated||SLURM||CREAM||Yes||Yes (SLURM)/ No (Gridengine)||Yes||-|
|UKI-LT2-RHUL||Torque/Maui (local)||Torque/Maui support non-existent||Will follow the consensus||CREAM||Yes||No||Yes||-||
|UKI-NORTHGRID-LANCS-HEP||Son of Gridengine (HEC)||Torque/Maui clusterDecommissioned, for for grid and local (tier 3)||Sticking with grid engine||CREAM, moving to ARC eventually||Yes||No||Yes||-|
|UKI-NORTHGRID-LIV-HEP (Single core cluster)||Torque Maui (local)||Poor Support, Maui intrinsically broken||Cream||Yes||No||No||-|
|UKI-NORTHGRID-LIV-HEP (Multi core cluster)||HTCondor (local)||None||ARC||Yes||Loooking into it||Yes||Warn||
|UKI-NORTHGRID-MAN-HEP||Torque/Maui (local)||Maui is unsupported. It had memory leaks. Robert wrote a patch and there was nowhere to feed it back into.||HTCondor||Currently CREAM, testing ARC-CE/HTCondor||Yes||Looking into it||Yes||Pass||
|UKI-NORTHGRID-SHEF-HEP||Torque/Maui (local)||Torque/Maui support non-existent||HTCondor is in testing mode||CREAM CE, ACR CE is in test||Yes||No||Yes||-||
|UKI-SCOTGRID-DURHAM||SLURM (local)||No reason||ARC CE||Yes||Yes||-||
|UKI-SCOTGRID-ECDF||Gridengine||None||No reason||Cream CE for standard production, ARC CE for exploratory HPC work||No||Yes||-||
|UKI-SCOTGRID-GLASGOW||HTcondor (local), Torque/Maui (local)||Becomes unresponsive at times of high load or nodes being un-contactable.||Investigating HTCondor/SoGE/SLURM as a replacement.||ARC, Cream||Yes||Yes||-|
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-BHAM-HEP||Torque/Maui||Maui sometimes fails to see new jobs and so nothing is scheduled||HTCondor||CREAM||No||No||-||
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-BRIS||HTCondor (shared)||None||No reason||ARC-CE, abandoned plan to move to HTCondor CE(no accounting)||On roadmap||No||No||-||
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-CAM-HEP||Torque/Maui (local)||Torque/Maui support non-existent||Will follow the consensus||CREAM CE||Yes||No||Yes||Pass|
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-OX-HEP||HTCondor (local)||None||No reason||ARC CE in production||Yes||Yes||Yes||-||
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-RALPP||HTCondor||None||No reason||ARC CE||Yes||Yes||Yes||Warn||
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-SUSX||(Shared) Gridengine - (Univa Grid Engine)||None||No reason||CREAMCE||Looking into it||Yes||-||