Difference between revisions of "Batch system status"
(→Sites batch system status)
|Line 176:||Line 176:|
Revision as of 12:33, 24 January 2019
Sites batch system status
This page has been setup to collect information from GridPP sites regarding their batch systems in February 2014. The information will help with wider considerations and strategy. The table seeks the following:
- Current product (local/shared) - what is the current batch system at the site. Is it locally managed or shared with other groups?
- Concerns - has your site experienced any problems with the batch system in operation?
- Interest/Investigating/Testing - Does your site already have plans to change and if so to what. If not are you actively investigating or testing any alternatives?
- CE type(s) - What CE type (gLite, ARC...) do you currently run and do you plan to change this, perhaps in conjunction with a batch system move?
- glExec/pilot support for all VOs - do you have glExec and pilot pool accounts for all VOs, as opposed to just the LHC VOs? Used for the move to a Dirac WMS.
- Multicore status for ATLAS and CMS
- Machine/Job Features (MJF) enabled: - = not started; Fail = failing SAM tests; Warn = warnings from SAM tests; Pass = passing SAM tests
- Notes - Any other information you wish to share on this topic.
See Cloud & VM status for status of Vac/Cloud deployment by site.
|Site||Current product (local/shared)||Concerns and observations||Interest/Investigating/Testing||CE type(s) & plans at site||Pilots for all||cgroups||Multicore Atlas/CMS||MJF||CentOS7 WN||Notes||Date last reviewed or updated|
|RAL Tier-1||HTCondor (local)||None||No reason||ARC-CE||Yes||Yes||Yes||Pass||Yes||8-Jan-2019|
|UKI-LT2-Brunel||HTCondor||ArcCE info system||ARC-CE||Yes||Yes||Yes||-||Yes||CEs and WNs on C7 since Jan 2018. Storage being moved to C7. All other services on C7||2019-01-22
|UKI-LT2-IC-HEP||Gridengine (local)||ARC-CE||CREAM, ARC-CE||Yes||No||Yes||-||Yes||an style="color:green">Yes</span>||
|UKI-LT2-QMUL||SLURM||SLURM does support MaxCPUTime for queues but it's complicated||SPark and hadoop integration with slurm and lustre||CREAM||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||In local testing||GPU and preempt queues also supported on the grid||13-April-18|
|UKI-LT2-RHUL||Torque/Maui (local)||Torque/Maui support non-existent||Will follow the consensus||CREAM||Yes||No||Yes||-||Testing||Setting up CC7 ArcCondor cluster||21-Nov-17|
|UKI-NORTHGRID-LANCS-HEP||Son of Gridengine (HEC)||CREAM, looking at HTCondorCE over ARC now||Yes||No||Yes||-||Yes||Almost all resources CentOS7, small amount of SL6 for smaller VO use. Singularity deployed (local build)||16/10/18|
|UKI-NORTHGRID-LIV-HEP||HTCondor/VAC (local)||ARC-CE (C7 and SL6), HTCondor-CE - C7 (prod)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||None||22Jan 2019
|UKI-NORTHGRID-MAN-HEP||Torque/Maui (local)/ HTCondor (local)||singularity||Started migration to ARC-CE/HTCondor||Yes||Yes||Yes||Pass||3/4 through migration||CentOS7 Migration will be completed by June the first.||22/1/2019|
|UKI-NORTHGRID-SHEF-HEP||Torque/Maui (local)||Torque/Maui support non-existent||HTCondor is installed||CREAM CE, ACR CE is in test||Yes||No||Yes||-||Ongoing work||-||22/01/2019|
|UKI-SCOTGRID-DURHAM||SLURM (local)||No reason||ARC-CE||Yes||Yes||Yes||-||Ongoing Testing||CentOS7 WNs are being tested locally prior to complete rollout.|
|UKI-SCOTGRID-GLASGOW||HTcondor (local)||Containers (Singularity, Docker)||ARC-CE (investigating HTCondor-CE)||Yes||Yes||Yes||-||No||CentOS7 was waiting for move to DC, with June 1st deadline now re-evaluating to complete before move.||22/1/2019|
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-BHAM-HEP||VAC||None||Containers with VAC (rather than VMs)||VAC||Yes||Yes?||Yes||Yes?||Given by VM||Still running Torque/CREAM for tests. Plan to decommission early 2019||22/1/2019|
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-BRIS||HTCondor (shared)||Cannot run modern workflows (e.g. Apache Spark)||kubernetes, Mesos||ARC-CE, plan to add HTCondor CE once accouting is sorted.||On roadmap||Yes||Yes||-||In local testing||11 Dec 2018|
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-CAM-HEP||VAC, small legacy Torque/Maui (local)||SAM tests onto VAC painfully slow||VAC||Migrated to VAC||Yes||N/A||Yes||Pass||Yes||Completely migrated to VAC on CentOS7||22/01/2019|
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-OX-HEP||HTCondor (local)||ARC-CE||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Moved 46 worker nodes (91736 cores) to Centos7||22/01/2019
|UKI-SOUTHGRID-SUSX||(Shared) Gridengine - (Univa Grid Engine)||CREAM||Yes||Yes|