Creating a Grid UI with a GridPP CernVM - Checklist
- I have installed some virtualisation software on my local machine
that is compatible with the CernVM images listed
- I have downloaded the corresponding CernVM image to my local machine
CernVM image download page.
- I have created a new guest VM on my local machine using the CernVM image;
- I have registered with the CernVM service
(or I am a
CERN computing account
- I have generated a six-digit PIN to pair my CernVM with the GridPP context via the
- I have entered the six-digit PIN (preceeded by the hash symbol) into
the login prompt of my newly-booted CernVM;
- I have logged in to my new GridPP CernVM using the
gridpp user account;
- I have accessed folders from my local machine's hard disk
from my GridPP CernVM.