Putting Data on the Grid - Checklist
- I know what a Grid Storage Element (SE) is;
- I know what the DIRAC File Catalog (DFC) is and what it is used for;
- I know what LFN stands for and what it means with respect to the DFC;
- I can access the DIRAC File Catalog Command Line Interface (DFC CLI);
- I can find the Grid Storage Elements (SEs) available for me to use;
- I can use tab-complete with
dirac-dms- to find the available DIRAC command;
- I can list the contents of my Virtual Organisations's area in the DFC
- I can create a user area within this area and set the permissions accordingly;
- Using both the DFC CLI and the DFC command line tools, I can:
- upload and download files to and from an SE;
- replicate files to another SE;
- remove a replica from a specified SE;
- remove a file from the DFC.
- I know how to assign metadata to an LFN using the DFC CLI.