Security policiesThe grid security policies are prepared and maintained by the Joint Security Policy Group (JSPG) (http://cern.ch/proj-lcg-security), approved by management and thereby endorsed and adopted by the Grid as a whole.
Please note: It was agreed by the Grid
Deployment Board (GDB) at
a meeting on 13th January, 2004 that all LCG Policy documents remain
valid until such time as they are updated.
The following are links to the most uptodate LCG/EGEE Joint Security Policy Group policies.
The core set:
- Security and Availability Policy (Policy Status: Released) This policy is the top-level policy document. It defines the roles and responsibilities of all grid participants.You should always read this policy first. The APPROVED version of this document is available at http://proj-lcg-security.web.cern.ch/proj-lcg-security/docs/LCG_Policy.asp
- Grid Acceptable Use Policy (Policy Status: Released) This is a one page policy file for ALL grid users. Users must accept and agree to abide by Acceptable User Policy (AUP) before they can use the services and resources provided by the grid. All grid users should read this policy file. The APPROVED version of this document is available at https://edms.cern.ch/document/428036
- Virtual Organisation Security Policy (Policy Status: Released) This policy defines a set of responsibilities placed on the members of the VO and the VO as a whole through its managers. It aims to ensure that all Grid participants have sufficient information to properly fulfil their roles with respect to interactions with a Virtual Organisation (VO). You should read this policy if you want to register a new VO, or you are VO management and/or you are ordinary VO members. The APPROVED version of this policy is available at https://edms.cern.ch/file/573348/LAST_RELEASED/VO_Security_Policy.pdf .
- Approval of Certification Authorities (Policy Status: Released) This policy descibes the procedure by which the list of trusted Certification Authorities for use in LCG, EGEE and OSG should be created and maintained. The APPROVED version of this document is available at https://edms.cern.ch/document/428038
- Audit Requirements Policy (Policy Status: Released) This policy specifies the minimal requirement of audit data retention at a Grid resource provider in order to map Grid Service Requests to the executables and identities that initiate them. The APPROVED version of this document is available at https://edms.cern.ch/file/428037/LAST_RELEASED/LCG_Audit_Requirements.pdf
- Grid Security
Incident Response Policy (Policy Status: Released)
This policy adopts the Grid Security Incident Handling and Response Guide developed by the Open Science Grid Consortium (OSG). Grid site security contacts, security officers and site administrators should read this policy and fully aware of security incidient handling procedure specified in this document. It is expected that this policy document will be supplemented by project-, site- or ROC-specified incident handling procedure(s). For example, the EGEE Operational Security Coordination Team (OSCT) has recently released EGEE Incident Response Procedure, which is based on this policy.
Registration Policy & Procedure(Policy Status: Released)
This policy specifies the site registration procedure (how to join the Grid) and what information a candidate site must provide when participating the Grid. The APPROVED version of this document is available at https://edms.cern.ch/document/503198
Registration and VO Membership Management Policy (Policy
This policy specifies the requirements and procedures for user registration and Virtual Organization (VO) management. VO managers and administrators need to read this policy. The APPROVED version of this document is available at https://edms.cern.ch/document/428034
More information about JSPGJSPG Meetings: http://indico.cern.ch/categoryDisplay.py?categId=68
JSPG Website: http://proj-lcg-security.web.cern.ch
Other JSPG Policies (under discussion or waiting for approval)There are some more security policies under developement, which can be found at CERN EDMS (You might use the EDMS Document Number to locate the policy document)
- Grid Security Policy (EDMS
Document Number: 428008) (After approval, it will replace above
Security and Availability Policy)
- Grid Site Operations Policy (EDMS
Document Number: 819783)
- Virtual Organisation Operations Policy (EDMS Document Number: 853968)
- Policy on Grid Multi-User Pilot Jobs (EDMS Document Number: 855383)
- Grid Security Logging and Traceability Policy (EDMS Document Number:428037) (After
approval, it will replace above Audit Requirements Policy)
Last modified Fri 2 November 2007 . View page history
Switch to HTTPS . Website Help . Print View . Built with GridSite 1.7.25